- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
What is Microcurrent Therapy?
Microcurrent Therapy uses extremely small amounts of electrical current (millionths of an amp) to help relieve pain and heal soft tissues of the body.
How does Microcurrent Therapy work?
Injury to the body disrupts its normal electrical activity. Microcurrent Therapy produces electrical signals like those naturally occurring when the body is repairing damaged tissues. By applying similar electrical currents, the healing process is enhanced.
What does Microcurrent Therapy feel like?
The electrical current used in Microcurrent Therapy is so small that is its rarely felt. However, the water moistened electrodes or gel used to conduct the current may seem cool when first applied.
Why is Microcurrent Therapy used?
Microcurrent Therapy is often recommended in cases involving soft tissue inflammation or muscle spasm. Since Microcurrent Therapy mimics the body's electrical fields it is helpful in relieving pain and stimulating the haling of soft tissues.
- Can help speed the healing process
- Reduces swelling and inflammation
- Masks acute and chronic pain
- Releases muscle trigger points
- Improves soft tissue regeneration
- Microcurrent Therapy approximates the natural electrical currents of the body to enhance the healing process.